Cuban Coffee.. Please come In

Do you know how excited we were when we found a place that made this neon sign for us?  It was his vision, everything was always His vision.  I had a lot of input but since we had the same taste, everything he fell in love with I fell in love with too.  Come one now, he's a Gemini and I'm an Aquarius, we were meant to start this little beautiful restaurant.  

The sign came that day and we couldn't stop going outside to look at it.  We were so giddy lol  This was welcoming.. come in, have a coffee and talk to us.   It reminded me of an old Deniro/Pacino movie, set in nyc in the 70's or 80's.  A neon sign anywhere in the middle of the night was a "Hello, come in."  I know that's why he fell in love with idea because it gives him life when he can talk and connect with people.  

The real set it off was in SoHo though.   It was late and we were hungry and we both love Nyc so off we went into the Holland Tunnel that late Thursday night.   I don't know exactly where this was except that it was off of East Houston Street.  I'll figure it out another day and update the blog.   




We were sitting in the corner booth of this little place in Soho as we had a live piano performance going on behind us.   It was so jazzy and cool and I was in heaven. These are the NYC nights I love to experience, random and unplanned.  I've always been so lucky to be surrounded by adventurous brave spirits.   He got mesmerized by this scene going on behind him as I drank my Stella Artois and ate my pizza.   It's what he loves, to feel comfortable and at home because that's when he's himself.     He took this picture and when he showed it to me I knew where he was going with this. 

The next day he called me and we went on our little adventure to Home Depot and I helped him pick out 4 plants to hang in his current restaurant.   

That's how it started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into the Cerulean blue

The Chairs