The Chairs

October-2015


I remember this day so easily.
We bought these chairs on Craigslist that morning. Initially we were in a pick-up truck when we left to go get them. We were on the Turnpike and crossing that bridge that leads you to Jersey City when the pickup breaks down right in the middle of the bridge.   I started to panic a bit because there was no shoulder.  The only thing I remember is me looking at the him and saying "We need to get out of this car and run to safety." I just had this bad feeling about staying in the car. What if an 18 wheeler came at full speed and didn't have enough time to brake? There was no shoulder for us to direct traffic either. We ended up walking to this little diner off the nearest exit and calling the police and a friend to come pick us up.
We were having a horrible 24 hours.
We were opening the restaurant in about a week. The night before we were in the restaurant trying to get the POS system to work. I was on the phone with customer service when an unfavorable walked into the restaurant. I was rude to her on purpose and I didn't care. I got into an argument with the owner about that. It doesn't matter how unfavorable people are I can't be rude in his restaurant like that. I got put in my place very quickly and swiftly.
So there we were about to die on a bridge the next day like nothing had happened. That's that air sign shit. It was such an Indiana Jones moment for the both of us.
Long story short, we ended up picking up the chairs in my Jeep. (the picture) We met the couple who was opening the new restaurant and wanted to get rid of some chairs that were left behind. They were young like us, I wish I could remember the name and I wonder if they are still there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into the Cerulean blue

Cuban Coffee.. Please come In

The plants..